EVS 2023: Broken Food System
19 September, 6:00 – 7:45 PM (CEST) online!
Let’s talk about how the food system works and how it harms and how we can fix it together. How do we get animals off our plates? Is it possible to work intersectionally beyond the differences for animals, people and the planet?
Tune in for:
- Prof. Piotr Skubała – Professor of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Silesia, ecologist;
- Peter Carter, MD – Retired family and emergency physician, founder of the Climate Emergency Institute, IPCC reviewer, and co-author of Unprecedented Crime: Climate Science Denial and Game Changers for Survival;
- Ana Béjar – Member of the board of directors of the Spanish political party for animals, PACMA, managing the areas of administration and international relations;
- Giulia Laganà – Healthy Food Healthy Planet since May 2022. Prior to this, Giulia led the Open Society European Policy Institute’s analysis and advocacy on EU policies on migration, labour rights and agri-food systems;
- Alexander Huntley – Research Assistant at The Vegan Society since 2022 after completing his MSc in The Politics of Conflict, Rights and Justice at The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS);
- Axel Anders – Co-founder of the Adolf Hoops Society, the international standard and label organisation for biocyclic vegan agriculture, primarily involved in the international development of biocyclic vegan activities;
- Lena Anna Kuklińska – Student of LL.M. European and Transnational Law of Intellectual Property and Information Technology at Georg-August Universitat Goettingen. Project Manager for the Federation of Young European Greens.
Don’t forget to SAVE THE DATE! Join us online!!